Sunday, November 10, 2013

BBQ Beef MacNCheese

BBQ Beef MacNCheese


So, you will soon find that I don't ever follow a recipe.  It is but a guideline for me to tweak and switch as I see fit.  I took this recipe and made it my own.


I started by boiling that 1lb box of elbow macaroni.  

Drained it and put it to the side.  In the same pot, I mixed 1 stick of real butter, 2 cups of shredded cheese and 1/3 cup of milk until it was nice and all melted together and then added a couple dashed of Cajun seasoning..  Like this:
 &

From there I added the noodled back and mixed then until coated.  I could have stopped at this point and happy.  It was YUMMY!  Alas...Then it was onto the hamburger.  I added fresh ground pepper and more Cajun seasoning to that as well. Once browned, I added the BBQ sauce and mixed to coat.
Then I threw the macaroni and cheese in and mixed it all together.
Then I poured it into a baking dish and covered with a mixture of bread crumbs and crunched up fried onions.  Threw several globs of butter on top of that and baked it until the crust was browned.
I then served it up on my finest china and we all gathered 'round the kitchen table to enjoy.
The consensus was that it was good.  I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and Teenage Daughter said it was "interesting" but "much sweeter than I thought it would be".  So, I suggest a smokier sauce if you decide to make this yourself.  Boy A thought it was awesome.  Boy B ate in silence for the most part, but he DID eat.  And that in itself is a feat, so he must have not disliked it.  
All in all, a recipe they voted we make again some day.  I liked it and already have it packed in my lunch for tomorrow.  We'll see what Big Daddy thinks when he gets home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs